Conditions Treated At Positive Eye Ons Optometry in Los Angeles, CA
If you have any concerns about your eye health, Positive Eye Ons Optometry in Los Angeles, CA can help you with our eye care services. It all starts with an exam to assess the health of your eyes and vision, review your medical history, and perform any diagnostic testing needed to address any potential issues we find. If you have any eye conditions—existing or new—we'll review your treatment options and help you select the best one.
What Conditions Do We Treat?
Our eye doctor treats a wide range of conditions, including:
- Refractory issues including astigmatism and presbyopia, where you have issues with correctly focusing light on your retina and translating that into vision. We can fit you for corrective lens solutions, like glasses or contacts, or discuss surgical options.
- Nearsightedness (myopia) occurs when you have trouble seeing things in the distance. We can help fit you for corrective solutions including glasses or contact lenses, and discuss whether you might be a good candidate for surgery including LASIK.
- Farsightedness (hyperopia) occurs when you have trouble seeing things that are close to you. Like with myopia, we can review and fit you for corrective solutions.
- Glaucoma is a series eye condition that can result in blindness, to which certain demographics are more predisposed. The best defense against glaucoma is early detection and intervention with medicines to manage it.
- Macular degeneration occurs when part of the retina starts to degenerate—usually due to age—and negatively impacts vision. They are drugs you can take to help, including some targeting abnormal blood vessel growth.
- Pink eye is an infection of the outer membrane of the eye—caused either by bacteria, a virus, or allergies—and is treated with drops or ointments.
- Dry eye can occur for a wide range of reasons but is usually treated with drops, although there are devices and surgery available for more severe cases.
- Allergies may result in itchy, watery, or swollen eyes. Antihistamines and special eye drops may help relieve this irritation.
- Keratoconus occurs from an abnormal shape of the cornea, for which special contact lenses may be fitted. In severe cases, surgery might be needed.
- Cataracts frequently occur with aging and involve a clouding of the lens, which can be removed by surgery.
- Amblyopia (lazy eye) usually occurs as a result of a childhood incident and may be treated with drops, corrective lenses, or even surgery.
Schedule Your Appointment for West Hollywood Eye Care Services At Positive Eye Ons Optometry
If you live in West Hollywood or the neighboring areas and have any concerns about your eyes, call (323) 651-5646 to make an appointment with us here at Positive Eye Ons Optometry. The earlier you get checked out, the better!