Our Optometrist in West Hollywood Uses Optos Retinal Imaging
Dr. Ryan S. Stybel has been an optometrist in West Hollywood for several years. As a dedicated eye care practitioner, he is continually looking for the best and most leading edge vision care technology to enhance his patients' experience and outcomes. That's why he's proud to be one of the only eye doctors in the West Hollywood area offering Optos retinal imaging technology.
What is Optos Technology?
Optos is a leading and innovative retinal imaging technology that uses ultra-wide field imaging to see the outer reaches of your retinas.
The retinas are the thin layers of tissue on the inside of the back of your eyes. They contain specialized photoreceptor cells called rods and cones which are necessary for collecting visual information that then goes on to the brain via the optic nerve.
Visualizing and assessing the retinal tissue is an important component of the comprehensive eye exam. Traditionally, eye doctors have had to dilate a person's eyes with specialized eye drops in order to look inside and see the retinas. It can take a few hours for the medication to wear off, leaving patients' struggling to see for a period of time following their appointment.
The reason our eye doctor in West Hollywood uses Optos technology is that it allows for faster and more accurate assessment and diagnosis of eye health conditions, including macular degeneration and diabetic retinopathy.
Here are a few specific benefits:
- It's easy to use, fast, and painless for the patient
- Like taking a picture of the inside of your eye, the high-resolution images are available instantly, so your eye doctor can go over the information gathered right there in the room with you
- As a non-dilating camera, patients don't have to deal with hours of temporary vision impairment following the appointment
- Optos technology is much more accurate compared to traditional methods of internal eye examinations, which greatly improves the ability of your eye doctor to diagnose conditions earlier on in their development
- Using Optos, your eye doctor even can detect otherwise hidden early warning signs of an eye health problem thanks to the ability to enlarge and enhance the images taken
Visit Positive Eye Ons Today!
To schedule an eye exam with our eye doctor in Los Angeles, call Positive Eye Ons today at (323) 651-5646. Be sure to ask us about our new patient specials and inquire about our many other vision services!