Fashionable Prescription Sunglasses in West Hollywood
It’s hard to really enjoy all the sunny weather, year round, here in West Hollywood without the proper UV protection. That’s right, we’re talking about sunglasses. At Positive Eye Ons Optometry, we offer attractive sunglasses with designer frames for prescription sunglasses. We also have many clients who visit us to get non-prescription sunglasses that fit perfectly and comfortably, while making them look terrific. Whether you need prescription sunglasses or non-prescription, we recommend a visit to our West Hollywood eye doctor. Sunglasses protect your vision, whether you are nearsighted, farsighted or 20/20.
As an expert optometrist in Southern California, our eye doctor understands you not only want to see well, you also want to look great. Sunglasses help you express your character and show your style while protecting your eyes from UV rays. Our custom fit sunglasses also help you see sharply and feel comfortable, to perform better in your chosen profession or your favorite sport.
How do UV Rays Damage Unprotected Eyes?
Ultraviolet light, in the form of UVA and UVB rays, can react with eye proteins to cause a cloudy appearance--this is the formation of cataracts. If you develop cataracts, you may have trouble seeing clearly at night, experience poor color vision, have trouble reading and enjoying creative pursuits. Eventually, cataract surgery may be needed to remove the cloudy build up. UV exposure may also result in a type of “eye sunburn” when the cornea is irritated by the sun’s damaging UV radiation. Long term UV radiation can cause changes in your eye tissues, retinal damage, ocular cancer and more.
What Additional Eye Protection Should I Use in the Sun?
Other popular sunglass options and tips from our West Hollywood optometrist:
- Polarized Sunglasses: These sunglass lenses are great for filtering reflected glare from nearby surfaces (sidewalks, cars, store windows or snow, for example) and can protect your eyes during sports or other activities, such as golfing, jogging, skiing, boating, and driving your car. Look for the label to indicate true polarized lenses.
- Non-Prescription Clip-Ons: These clip onto or magnetically attach over your Rx lenses.
- Glasses that Transition: These lenses darken upon exposure to UV light.
- Wraparounds: If reflected light (and UV radiation) gets around the edges of your sunglasses and into your eyes, choose a wrap around or oversized style.
- UV-blocking Contacts: These contacts can be used in conjunction with non-prescription sunglasses to maximize your eye protection.
- Consider a Hat: This can be a fashionable and practical way to reduce UV exposure to eyes and skin. We recommend wearing a hat with a wide brim, to reduce your exposure.
See the Prescription Sunglasses Experts in West Hollywood
If you are squinting in the sun—stop torturing yourself! You need new prescription sunglasses and designer frames from Positive Eye Ons Optometry in West Hollywood, CA. Our optometrist has the perfect sunglasses and designer frames to protect your eyes, sharpen your vision and help you look terrific in every upcoming selfie you take. When you need prescription UV protection for your eyes, call your West Hollywood eye doctor at 323-651-5646 today.